[nabs-l] WMA and Learning Ally

Annemarie Cooke aec732 at msn.com
Thu Apr 26 16:39:00 UTC 2012

Dear Ashley and NABSlist:

WMA was a format Learning Ally launched at the onset of downloadaable audio books and long before there was an app for playback on IOS devices and long before the ReadHear software (which is free).  As you are quite aware, technology changes constantly and the phase-out of WMA is simply another example of this.

The DAISY format is far superior when it comes to locating a specific page, chapter, heading, etc. So, Ashley,.....ReadHear comes with your membership and you can read the books from LA on your computer that way as well.

Personally, I use my iPhone or Victor Stream to read LA digital audio books.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Many thanks, NABSters!

Annemarie Cooke
for Learning Ally