[nabs-l] [Nfb-announce] [4alabama] Starting a cerebral Palsy division of the NFB

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Aug 12 14:36:59 UTC 2012

Moreover, have you been to a national convention? Although procedures for
starting a division aren't set in stone, it's a good idea to ascertain the
level of interest in forming a new division by holding a meeting at the
national convention. Once a division is established, meetings at each
national convention will have to be held in any event. Additionally,
proposed new divisions must garner the approval of Dr. Maurer and the nFB
board of directors in a formal vote.

Bottom line: if you are a member of NFB, you're going at this backward. If
you're *not* in the NFB, you don't have the right nor will you have a prayer
of a chance to form such a division.

Mike Freeman, Member
Board of direcgtors
National Federation of the blind