[nabs-l] Textbooks

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 16 01:43:19 UTC 2012

Anjelina,
your welcome. The book from audible was great quality and I thought pretty
reasonabily priced for an unabridged book.
I do not think you can book mark in those books, but you can stop it and
resume playing at the same point later on. I know that humanware and audible
have teamed up to make the stream read their books and maybe via a vr stream
audible books can be marked, not sure. That would be one disadvantage with
commercial audio books; they are not marked up in sections like we're used
to in a daisy book. But I think they do have some markings; like each
chapter is a separate file or something.

If you try the audible route and do have a victor reader product, you might
ask humanware just what flexibility you have with the book. I know many
blind people do use audible books paired with a vr stream or vr stratus, so
it works; just not sure to what extend you will get navigation.
Let me know how you like it if you use audible; only used them once or twice
so I forget what it was like.
Ashley