[nabs-l] Has Anyone Ever Used Moodle?

Misty Dawn Bradley mistydbradley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 19:58:17 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I just started school this year at my local community college, and they are using an online system called Moodel. Moodel is similar to Blackboard, but I think it is from a different company. For the most part, it is accessible, but I cannot get any of the files that the instructors upload to the site, such as the course syllabus and handouts, to work with JAWS, because it seems that it will not let you download it to your computer and that you have to view it on the page. The file does not show up on the page even though the page says it is there. I have tried with both Fire Fox and Internet Explorer with Jaws 10 in Windows XP.
Have any of you ever used Moodel with your school? All of my classes are using it, even though they are face-to-face classes.
Thank you,
Misty