[nabs-l] Board member introduction.

Cynthia Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 02:34:41 UTC 2012

Hey. My name is Cindy Bennett, and I am the NABS secretary. I
understand that there was a membership call last week introducing the
board. I very much wanted to be a part of this event, but my brother
got married last weekend. So I was immersed in family, but I wanted to
take a second to electronically introduce myself. During my term, I
hope to work with Tony Olivero to improve our membership tracking, and
I always take the minutes for board meetings. Sean is good about
posting them with each month's NABS bulletin, so if you have any
questions about the minutes, you can always ask Sean or myself.

Beyond my secretarial duties, I serve on the Membership Committee.
This is a new opportunity for me, and I look forward to working with
the committee to bring your membership requests to life. I know we are
planning the topics of calls for the next few months, so keep on the
lookout for our idea requests.

I will continue to serve on the Slate committee as well. We're always
looking for article ideas, so you can shoot those to Sean, Karen,
Candice, or I. If you've had a unique experience or know someone who
has, be sure that we hear about it. We also like to highlight state
student divisions who are doing cool things, so if you fit into that
category no matter how small or new your division is, we want to hear
from you as well.

Personally, I live in Seattle. I am new to the northwest, and I am
excited about getting in touch with the northwest student divisions
and state affiliates. It is my hope that during my term, we can liven
up the divisions here and show the rest of the country how awesome
this region is, and how involved our students can be.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you have. I have a
degree in psychology, I have taken the GRE, balanced a lot of classes
and responsibilities at the same time like many of us, and I am
currently testing the waters of job searching. So if you have
questions about any of those things specifically, feel free to email
me. I try to skim through emails and reply when necessary as well, so
I look forward to the upcoming discussions and how I can contribute. I
also look forward to representing NABS and to bringing your vision of
NABS' future into reality. Again, I apologize for not making the call,
so feel free to contact me with any questions. My contact info is in
my signature.

Cindy

--
Cynthia Bennett