[nabs-l] Using Google Docs

Melissa Hambleton mysticalcharm at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 04:23:29 UTC 2012

With my experience, it is not accessible. The only thing that I have had to
view and fill out are tables and it requires me to have a sighted person
help me fill out the fields. I subscribe to a technology for the blind
mailing list and I have asked about Google docs early this year and some
folks got back to me saying that it was not accessible for them but, I don't
know what they were trying to access through Google docs. I have an App for
Google docs and it doesn't make things any better, if anything it makes it
worse to try and read anything for me. What ever Google does when creating
Google docs has some people in the blind community puzzled with how they
have it set up because it just doesn't work well at all for the ones who use
screen readers I believe.

Melissa