[nabs-l] Accessible Voting

Cynthia Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 18:39:03 UTC 2012

Thanks Scott for that info. That is very helpful.

Brandon: Different states do voter registration differently. I would
Google "register to vote (insert your state)." And you'll probably
find some information. I know that when I moved to Seattle, I
registered to vote when I got my state ID. There are usually several
ways and places to register to vote. I know that with Washington, if I
already had a state ID, I could have done it online. I just would have
had to know my state ID number. So that might be an easy option. I
don't know what to tell you when it comes to the braille ballot
though. Arielle was the first person I had ever heard to talk about
such a ballot. I will say though that when the accessible voting
machines work, they are convenient. I know that some people have
talked about a confusing interface, but I honestly found it to be
pretty straight forward. Again though, there could be state
differences. Perhaps you could research what precinct you will vote
at, see if you can find a contact online and inquire about their
accessible voting machine.

Cindy