[nabs-l] ID's and Voting

Mary Fernandez trillian551 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 21:49:42 UTC 2012

Hi Desiree,
I think that if you choose to fill it out online you do just get an
extension since when you go to DMV they want to see documentation that
you still have a in-state address and all that jazz. But, once you get
to DMV, at least in Jersey they give you the option of keeping your
old picture or taking a new one. If you have trouble with the flash,
you might just be able to opt to keep that old picture. Unless you
have grown a foot, gained or lost 50 pounds, or gotten plastic
surgery, you'll be fine.
I'd also recommend getting a passport, which you don't have to renew
for like 10 years or some ridiculous amount of time like that. So, if
you are like one of my friends, you can procrastinate for 5 years
after your state ID expires and just show your passport everywhere.
Even bars... Seriously though, if you are in a bind where you haven't
gotten around to renewing your id, and have to fly, or if you get a
chance to take a fabulous trip abroad, it's good to have an up to date
passport and not deal with the stress of getting one in a rush.
Mary F

--
Mary Fernandez
Emory 2012