[nabs-l] capitcha solutions for the blind was: using a mac for powerpoint presentations

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Wed Dec 5 15:18:06 UTC 2012

Good morning everyone,

    Do they have a process for refunding people should a captcha solution
fail? There are captcha solutions and there are scams. Perhaps our
attorney's general and the Federal Trade Commission should have a look at
this beast.

    Thank God there are folks like DQ Systems that highly discourage the use
of captchas as a spam-checking mechanism plus good old education of
companies and Web developers to the problems the use of these things cause
the blind and others with particular disabilities. In recent months I've
begun to notice that somewhat fewer captchas are being used. Several sites I
visit regularly once used a captcha but have since removed them thanks to
our efforts. Yay!

Peter Donahue