[nabs-l] FW: Four New Publications Added to NFB-NEWSLINE

Joshua Lester JLester8462 at PCCUAEDU.onmicrosoft.com
Sun Dec 9 13:50:07 UTC 2012

Why would NFB Newsline put an ACB magazine on their site?
Things that make you go "hmmm?"
Blessings, Joshua
From: Joshua Lester [jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu]
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2012 7:46 AM
To: Joshua Lester
Subject: Fwd: Four New Publications Added to NFB-NEWSLINE

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Director of NFB-NEWSLINE <swhite at nfb.org>
Date: Thu,  6 Dec 2012 14:21:56 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Four New Publications Added to NFB-NEWSLINE
To: Joshua Lester <jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu>

Four New Publications Added to NFB-NEWSLINE

December 5, 2012

We are pleased to inform you that we have added four new publications
to NFB-NEWSLINE service, which brings our total to 361 publications.
NFB-NEWSLINE is an audio information service for the blind which
provides access to print publications. We have 307 newspapers,
including the Associated Press newswire and the United Press
International newswire; 38 magazines such as the Economist and AARP
Magazine; ten international newspapers including the China Daily and
the Jerusalem Post, and four Blindness Specific publications such as
the Braille Monitor and the Matilda Ziegler Magazine.

Two of the four new publications are part of a new category labeled
Breaking News Online. These are the Huffington Post, a very well-known
online site, and CNN, which is part of Turner Broadcasting Systems
cable news network. To access the new Breaking News Online
publications, select option 5 off the main menu and then press 1.

The ACB Braille Forum, a publication of the American Council of the
Blind, is the third new publication. This is available in the magazine
section, in the Blindness Specific category, option 7 from the main
menu followed by option 1.

Finally, a newspaper from Topeka, Kansas, rounds out the additions,
the Topeka Capital Journal, available by accessing option number 5
from the main menu and then navigating to the state of Kansas.
NFB-NEWSLINE subscribers living in Kansas can access the Topeka
Capital Journal by just pressing the number 3 key after logging into
NFB-NEWSLINE on the telephone.

NFB-NEWSLINE also provides other types of information to the blind
such as job listings, option 9 from the main menu; TV listings, option
8 from the main menu; and weekly Target ads from the Target
Corporation, option 6 from the main menu.

Remember that you can now read NFB-NEWSLINE publications on your iOS
Device such as the iPad, the iPhone, and the iPod Touch. Just download
the NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile App from the Apple App Store by searching for
NFB Newsline.

If you are not currently a NFB-NEWSLINE subscriber, you can register
for this free service online by visiting our website at
www.nfbnewsline.org, and filling out the application under the Online
Application link. You can also call us at 866-504-7300 for more
information on how to register.

We are looking for feedback about further additions to the Breaking
News Online category. If you have suggestions, please email Scott
White at swhite at nfb.org, or call our comment line at 410-505-5896.
Please enjoy the four new publications on NFB-NEWSLINE.

The NFB-NEWSLINE Team