[nabs-l] connecting to the internet service on a braille note

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 14 21:29:04 UTC 2012

Hi all,
Now that I have some time coming up as the semester winds down, I want to investigate connecting my braille note to the internet!

I am considering getting wireless connectivity for my braille note; its an empower, but I heard it still will connect wirelessly but may be a little slower.
What has been your experience connecting wirelessly? I guess I will call humanware to inquire how to set it up because I do not know which wireless card I need. I read the user manual, but its not too specific. How was the setup process? Was it easy once you got the wireless card? To connect to a wireless router, do you simply go to connectivity under options menu and choose the wireless ethernet option and then it scans for a spot? I’m thinking this is beneficial in wi-fi hotspot areas such as cafes, Starbucks and hotels.
Also, which websites work best on a braille note? I imagine it cannot handle sites with lots of graphics and frames. Will it handle text based sites best? Some sites offer a text only site and I would think it would work better on a text site or mobile site.
Thanks for any feedback!
Ashley