[nabs-l] Rosetta Stone: Does it Work Jaws-wise?

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Wed Dec 19 15:11:59 UTC 2012

Hello,
Rosetta Stone is not a good choice for blind people; far too graphics-based.

There is an extremely usable program called Pimsleur, named after the man
who spent his life researching and implementing the best way to teach
foreign languages. Not only is it accessible to the blind, it is also a far
superior language learning approach. It is based on the premise that
learning a language is primarily oral and auditory and is based on that
approach.

It is also much less expensive than Rosetta Stone as it's available in
modules. It's also available in various packages, depending on your purpose
for learning a language. E.g. if someone wants a short course to prepare for
a vacation in another country, that is available. Or, if they want a
complete, multi-year, complete mastery course, including reading and
writing, that is also available.

Pimsleur is produced and distributed by Simon And Schuster and can be found
via their website. I would encourage you to

Warmest regards,
Heather Field