[nabs-l] Windows 8 Questions

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 07:17:03 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone:

I believe my aunt is going to get me a copy of Windows 8 on DVD for Christmas.
I currently am running windows 7 with Jaws 14.
Has anyone upgraded using a DVD copy of windows 8? After upgrading,
were your files, music, and data restored or did you have to put
everything back on from a backup?
Should I back up everything before upgrading?
I would normally back up everything anyway just to be safe, but the
problem is right now I am on vacation and I do not have my portable
hard drive with me in order to back up my music and documents. Right
now, I have lots of sighted help available in case something goes
wrong and when I return home I will not have much sighted help unless
I hire a reader. So, I'd like to upgrade while I am still on vacation.
If you have upgraded, was it accessible? Can you do the entire thing
by yourself or did you have to have sighted assistance?
Do you like windows 8? What are your thoughts? Is it worth upgrading
to from windows 7?
As I understand it, windows 8 comes with a Facebook tile/app thingy.
Does it also come with a twitter tile/app as well?
Are a lot of apps in the new Microsoft app store accessible?

Thanks so much! Those are my questions for now! If I think of anything
else I'll ask!
Kerri