[nabs-l] Creating a powerpoint

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 12 23:51:43 UTC 2012

Hello,
What version of Microsoft is it? If you have 2003 you got menus and its
easier; last time I did it I had that version.
However the basic presentation is the same in 2010 version.
I need to learn how to add slide backgrounds and transitions myself.
But I know a little to get you started.   Also, I recommend viewing other
presentations in an outline format rather than in the slide show; its just
easier for jaws. To do that go to save as and select outline format.
Also, I think hadley school for the blind, the distance ed school, did a
webinar on it. To check go to www.hadley.edu and click on seminars, then
past seminars and it will be under the computers and technology heading.

here are some things to know.
Open up powerpoint like other applications. It may be on the desktop or
start menu under the microsoft submenu.
I was taught this back in high school with an older version of office suite.

Then, you will be in your first slide. Its divided into two sections and two
levels. The first section is your title place holder. The second is your
subtitle place holder. Type in the sections. Move through them by pressing
tab. To
create a new slide press control M. Once you finished your slide show
typing, press f 5 to view it in slide show mode.
Press escape to get to the object level. This is a mode where you cannot
type in it.
You add pictures in the body place holder. You can copy and paste images in
with sighted assistance.

HTH,
Ashley