[nabs-l] daisy playback devices

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 16 00:22:51 UTC 2012

Joshua,
I agree. I am beyond disappointed that human ware would discontinue great
products. I have a wave and love it but I know it won't last forever. Will
humanware vendors even fix these old products? Okay I might understand
discontinuing some products. but the vr classic? No way!
The victor reader classic had some advantages; a few are as follows: 1. the
buttons were larger. 2. The texture
of the arrows was different as I recall. 3. You could put it on a desk and
it was heavy enough not to knock over, but
not so heavy you could not hold and move it. I say this because I've knocked
over small products by accident.
Besides, seniors and people with multiple disabilties could use these simple
cd players.
We are fortunate to have internet connections, computers, screen readers,
and the tools to download books. But not everyone has these tools. Not every
one has this ability; they may have ability to pop a cd in and press a
button though.

I wish I could start a petetion to humanware about this. not a good trend at
all; especially with multiple disabled students who cannot use the internet;
but they can press buttons.