[nabs-l] Locating a standard normal distribution table

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 01:47:12 UTC 2012

I thikn it would be great to get your hands on tactile representations
of the distributions that the various significance tests create. I
took AP stats in high school, and was thus lucky enough to have my
textbook in braille with the tactile representations. Therefore, I
unfortunately cannot give you any informatoin as to where to find
these representations or brailled tables. My braille book also had the
tables you are speaking of, and I found that it was cumbersome and
that it took a lot of unnecessary time for me to navigate the tables.
I agree that it is important to have a strong grasp of the tables so
that you can tell a reader how to read the tables, but I feel that the
day to day time in statistics will be better spent understanding
concepts and working formulas than in perusing the tables. They are
huge tables with hundreds of values, and if you ever use statistics in
a job setting, you will undoubtedly do the computations on computer
software that will eliminate the need for tables anyway.

Cindy