[nabs-l] Full Time Job for Information Technology Department At Unique Insurance Company

Lukasz Szybalski szybalski at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 3 03:23:53 UTC 2012

Full Time Job for Information Technology Department
At
Unique Insurance Company

Job Description: IT/Programmer

Unique Insurance Company is looking for a diverse skill set that will be used in our Information Technology Department. At Unique Insurance we sell personal and commercial auto insurance. We work with agents in 4 states and as a result we receive thousands of insurance policies a month. In order for us to maintain our technology set we need a person with diverse skills and positive outlook.

Unique Insurance is looking for a person that will be able to split their time between maintaining our services, developing new software set, and using your skills to improve efficiency.

Job duties will range from maintaining the PC's (Windows XP, Windows 7), maintain the servers (Win 2k, Win2k3, Win2K8, Debian Linux), testing new software functionality, gathering software requirements, create stored procedures, writing reports in Reporting Services, entering defects descriptions, maintaining and writing scripts in shell/python, converting files using tools that read/convert sql to and from flat files, csv, or xml files. We need your skills to bridge the gap between our current tool set and what users, clients, and agents expect from our insurance company.

We are looking for a person that is: smart, multitasking, precise, enjoys working with a lot of different software, and is able to program, and wants start applying his/her knowledge in a real life applications.

Candidates should possess “Computer Science” or “Math and Computer Science” degree. Candidate should know how to program and have at least 6 months previous programming experience.

Software you should be familiar with:
parse xml/csv/flat files, read and write to a database
Demonstrate a general proficiency with Linux operating systems, being able to use it on a daily basis.
Familiar with Windows XP/7 and Windows Server
Able to understand database structure and able to write stored procedures.
Basic economics/insurance understanding a plus.
python experience preferred ( sqlalchemy, familiar with working with web frameworks, xml/csv parsing)
Familiar with either C/C++, Java, Python, .Net

This is a full-time job, 401K and health insurance. Salary range from 40K-50K; commensurate with experience.

Please email your resume to lszybalski at uniqueinsuranceco.com Please email few dates and time when you can take our basic entry level at home written test. US citizen/permanent resident only.
IT Manager: Lucas Szybalski, 773-299-7527

Unique Insurance,
4245 N. Knox Ave
Chicago IL, 60641