[nabs-l] Seems we lost an ally

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 4 20:16:23 UTC 2012

Hi Joshua,
Actually, I think they still do good in some areas; nice customer service
reps and they braille the cd sleeves so you know what book is inside.
I think they will redo their site if someone tells them.
And I don't know an organization that has more textbooks than learning ally.
Now with the daisy format, you can jump to particular pages and peruse a
book faster than before. I remember the days of four track tapes. Also, I
know what its like to use readers, having them not show up and getting
behind in your work or having a reader quit mid semester. So
while they are flawed, IMO its better than before.

And how can you say they don't care? Have you talked to them about it and
gotten a response?
I doubt it. We cannot make assumptions about them without some statement
from them. I do agree it does not seem like their an ally now. Can you have
a sighted person help you navigate the screen till they get it fixed? You
can still use them
Unfortunately, accessibility when you are a minority is an after thought. No
it should not be that way, but sadly it is.

Ashley