[nabs-l] Rehab Counselors, and ignorance of blindness

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Wed Jan 11 15:26:55 UTC 2012

Hi, it's Joshua Lester.
I'd like to discuss a topic, that has come up, in my life.
I was telling you, that I might receive a Pac Mate, from my Rehab office.
I'm not sure, if I told you, that my Rehab counselor slipped, and
called it a "Packman."
That's crazy, because I thought rehab counselors should, at least,
have some knowledge of assistive technology, for the blind, that
they're supposed to be assisting.
Has anyone had trouble in the past, with Rehab counselors, in regards to this?
What can we do, to stop this ignorance from spreading, within the
state VR system?
Thanks, Joshua