[nabs-l] Rehab Counselors, and ignorance of blindness

Lea williams leanicole1988 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 21:33:40 UTC 2012

josh i can see if your counsular bot your a different item than what
you guys agreed to because of the lack of knowledge, but slipping and
calling it some other name is normal to all people. And everyone has
to start someplace, not everyone is going to come out of the box ready
to go knowing everything. I am sure you will understand this if or
when you get a job oneday yourself.

and I think that it is a good idea to keep things respectful, in
cluding the language, the manner in wich we speak to eachother and
about other people. We are not the only one's who gets these emails.
Many people such as, parents, rehab counsulars, teachers and so many
other people could be signed up on this list.

Gloria says in one of her emails that is a great example of this.

beginning of email

I came to this site because I thought it was a place where students
can get help from other experienced students on accomidations or other
things regarding college and possibly the work world. This cite has
been a disapointment because I only hear people ganging up and
complaing about others who have no control of what is going on. I
don't think this cite and its users would want to be known as
complainers. Please find some possitivity in the world.

End of email

Hope gives some good opinions.

Beginning of email

This was probably just an honest mistake from your counselor. There
are many pieces of assistive technology out there and a lot to
remember for those people who don't even use it.  My  former vr
counselor couldn't remember the name for the vr stream. She called it
a stream reader. Something as small as this mistake should be
overlooked. I don't think she meant anything by it.

End of email

I personally avoid any email thread for the most part with particular
peoples names in them because of their carictor and bad behavior and
habbits.
This is something that I hope will change and will be taken care of.

--

Lea Williams

Phone;
704-732-4470