[nabs-l] textbooks and inaccessible cds

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 15 23:05:50 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I do not think publishers have to make their cds and websites accessible. Sometimes a text comes with a companion cd.
But it seems right to do so. Well, I’m trying to take an intro to computers class.

Know what? The site uses flash and is not accessible! At least not on the first page. I might be able to get someone to click on something and get in that way. The CD is the same way!
The publisher is Paradigm. Has anyone else used their books and run  into this?

I like to access the cd and/or textbook website because you get other benefits such as chapter summaries, definition of terms, other study tools, and practice quizzes. I don’t do this for every class; I do have a life. But some classes, I do take a few practice quizzes and I find it helps me prepare and study for the real quiz or test.

I might report this if I can find a point of contact; I’m hoping they have a diversity or accessibility department. We will see.
If anyone had success in reporting publisher website or cd-rom issues and got them fixed, that would be nice to know. Maybe the publisher will send me stuff directly; we’ll see.
Ashley