[nabs-l] why is it important to join an organization of the blind?

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Tue Jan 17 01:50:33 UTC 2012

Funny that someone of another race, didn't ask African Americans this
question, when they organized, for Civil Rights.
Blind people are working together, for the equality, they deserve.
I'm proud of our organization, and I'm standing with everyone else!
The benefits of being in an organization like this, (for me,) are as follows.
#1. Conventions give us the opportunity to meet other blind people,
and we can be enspired by their successes.
#2. Advocacy!
#3. If we have questions, we can always go to someone, within the
organization, that can help us.
I've always said, that ever since, 2009, (when I first joined the
NFB,) it has been like a second family.
Blessings, Joshua