[nabs-l] navigating pdfs

Sean Whalen smwhalenpsp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 18:33:54 UTC 2012

Loren,

How navigable the pdf is going to be depends on how it was created. I don't
understand a lot about it, but there is a broad range of navigability, and I
dare say usability, among pdf files, even those that are readable by JAWS or
other screen readers. I have found that, generally, if you can move through
the pages with control plus page up or down, you can do a control plus shift
plus n to bring up a box where you can enter a page number to jump to. Often
times I just save the pdf file as a .txt and use it that way. It has its
drawbacks, but all and all I usually find it easier to deal with.

Sean