[nabs-l] SOPA, (Fight back!)

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Wed Jan 18 03:51:31 UTC 2012

Hi, it's Joshua Lester.
I just heard about what's going on.
There's an Internet blackout, tomorrow, to protest "SOPA," (Stop
Online Piracy Act."
This act will affect Google, Facebook, Twitter, and other sites, if passed.
All of the sites I mentioned, will be down, all day.
I have a question, and an explanation for why I put this on here.
The question is this.
How will this blackout affect these lists?
Will the nfbnet.org site shut down, as well?
This act, (if passed,) will give the government control over Websites,
and if they, (the government,) have a suspission that a site is
infrenging on copyright laws, they can shut the site down!
This totally does away with "Due Process!"
Also, as students, if the act is passed, it will be more difficult for
us to search for things, on Google, and other sites.
We need this stuff, especially, if we're doing research papers, (of
which,) I have two.
We as students, should petition our congressmen, and women.
We should fight against this government control of these sites!
This is communism, and we need to do something about this!
They're trying to take resources away from all of us, (especially,) students!
Thanks, Joshua