[nabs-l] books in pdf

Nicole B. Torcolini at Home ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Wed Jan 18 03:59:08 UTC 2012

If it is an accessible PDF, yes. Press JAWS key, control, f and then type in
your search term. However, as I believe I said before, you may be better off
just saving it as a text document and then a word document. Most PDF's that
JAWS can read can be saved as text as long as they have not been protected.
JAWS can be very slow when working with PDF's, and you usually have to have
it reprocess it every time that you open the file. Finally, I do not know if
there is a way to mark your place in a PDF file using JAWS, but you can do
this in a Microsoft Word document with the latest version of JAWS.