[nabs-l] Why is it important to join an organization of the blind?

Amy Sabo amylsabo at comcast.net
Wed Jan 18 06:05:39 UTC 2012

Hello Arielle and all,

After reading your post on this thread I want to address my views
on this topic!

Yes, we are a cross-sectional part of society in basis we have
many views and reasons on why join the nfb and, on how we as
blind people have many different characteristics to them besides
blindness in that's why we come to join blindness organizations.

The nfb has shaped my life in soooo may ways personally and
professionally. I have engaged in my personal relationships and
also endured intimacy with some of them too. But, the nfb has
given me sooo much and, in addressing them I'm going to do that
in resprosect.

The nfb has given me the willingness to travel independtally
across the country, being a published writer and motivational
speaker, running and cofounding the lmbbs national network,
attending college in 2 states, moving from Michigan to Colorado,
and sooo much more.

So, that's what the nfb has given me and, that's why I'm involved
and, also involved with other blindness organizations with the
same capabilities. Thanks for sharing and, I will talk to you
soon.

Hugs,
amy