[nabs-l] accessibility of AIM

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 21:20:24 UTC 2012

Hi Patrick,
AIM is pretty accessible with JAWS and has an overall user-friendly,
intuitive interface. Its most recent version (7.5, I believe) also
allows you to connect to Google and Facebook Chat, which is a great
feature since both of these popular IM  services are not particularly
accessible. While JAWS used to be very reliable with speaking incoming
messages in previous versions of AIM, it unfortunately does not work
as well now; however, I just work around this by tabbing over to the
Conversation History field whenever a new message comes in, which is a
little annoying but not too big of a deal. Hope this helps!
Katie