[nabs-l] accessibility of AIM

Katie Wang bunnykatie6 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 06:05:00 UTC 2012

Hi Chris,
I have heard of Miranda but it appears to be a little tedious to set
up, so given that I still find AIM relatively usable (see my previous
post) I decided that it's not really worth my effort at this point. I
have heard that it works really well with JAWS once it is configured
properly though, so feel free to give it a try if you are feeling
technologically adventurous!
To answer your other question, I don't believe that the gchat program
can be configured to connect with AIM. I don't know about your circle
of friends, but from my personal experience I have found that AIM has
somewhat fallen out of favor; most people I know use Google or
Facebook Chat instead. I mainly use AIM as a way to access the other
IM clients on my PC, which are not as accessible. If you do have
friends who are AIM users, I would encourage you to give the program a
try-- It's not perfect but really shouldn't disappoint too much!
Katie