[nabs-l] scanning books in Kurzweil was re: school is notaccomodating

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 07:33:36 UTC 2012

I have a scanner with a feeder. I cut the binding off the book and with the
help of a reader separate it into chapters. Then, I feed each chapter threw
the scanner. It scanned each page on both sides in a matter of seconds.
Adobe professional was provided with the scanner, witch creates accessible
PDF files from the scans.

I forget the name of the manufacturer that makes the scanner.

State rehab purchased it for me for around $800. I have kerswile, however,
hardly use it because the software that was provided with the scanner does a
much more accurate job. However, if you can get both, I would, because
kerswile is still helpful and I do use it from time to time.