[nabs-l] My Math Lab accessibility

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 14:35:34 UTC 2012

I am going the same route a sCari. I work with a scribe/reader for two
hours three times a week that *(gasp* the school provided to me. I
didn't even ask for it; they just suggested it and paid for it. I love
my school for that. Anyway, he reads the problem to me, I work it out
with him writing the steps down on scrap paper and reading them out
loud as needed, and then he puts the answer into MyMathLab. I found
that MyMathLab was sorta accessible, but there's no way of doing
graphs and such with JAWS, and JAWS reads the algebraic equations
funky, so I am grateful for my reader/scribe. Oh, and I'm in
Intermediate Algebra.

~Jewel