[nabs-l] school is not accommodating

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 22 21:05:40 UTC 2012

Amy,
I am pretty sure I will get a laptop; I'll share it with my dad though. They
can get expensive, so its best if more than one person use it.
As for mobility, I did receive an orientation by a mobility instructor.
Also, my parents helped me out. But its just that the new student union
building with the bookstore, student café and more in it is laid out weird;
its not a  particular shape; just a lot of open space. I'll do the best I
can with it though. The counseling center is in a corner so it shouldn't be
too hard to find.

I'm looking for readers as well. So looks like I'll have to make my own
accomodations. However, I still will plan to speak to whomever purchased
jaws; someone in the office of the vice president. I find it rediculous they
don't have enough licenses; I'm not going to be the last legally blind
student there.

Another drawback to just using my own equipment is that there is learning
software and databases in the tutoring center and career center. If I use my
own equipment, those programs are not on it.
I'm sure if I request jaws in the career center, I will get the same story
about licenses. groan.

Ashley