[nabs-l] Gold Wave

Marc Workman mworkman.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 02:53:28 UTC 2012

Goldwave, I believe, has some jaws scripts that make it more accessible; it definitely used to have some. You should be able to find these through a quick search. When I started using GW several years back, there were some audio tutorials available by a blind user. You may still be able to find these.

With GW, you can insert and remove chunks of audio, mix tracks together, add effects, convert to different audio formats, and probably several other things that I never do. I don't use it as much as I used to, and I think I found it easier with earlier versions. Still, it's a popular product.

If you think you might do a lot of audio editing, then it's probably worth it, but if you have an IOS device like an iPod Touch, you will also be able to use an app called Hokusai. Here is an audio tutorial of the beta that will be accessible
http://goo.gl/mNPjm

I don't know if the beta has been released yet, but this looks like a cheaper alternative to GW for someone interested in occasional editing.

Cheers,

Marc