[nabs-l] Announcing the release of Sendero GPS, 2012

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Jul 1 18:41:58 UTC 2012

Announcing the release of Sendero GPS, 2012

Roseville, California, July 1, 2012

This Sendero GPS 2012 release for the BrailleNote and Sense products
is Sendero's sixteenth version since the laptop GPS version was first
released in 2000. It has been 19 years since the founders of Sendero
began working on the first GPS prototypes. This release includes
software improvements for Sendero Maps for the PC as well as for the
BrailleNote and Sense GPS versions as well as updated maps for these
products and for Mobile Geo.

Our goal at Sendero is to provide a navigational product that levels
the playing field when it comes to getting around
independently.  Notable features include the ability to:

    * Virtually explore the maps even before you head out the door
    * Personalize your world by recording your own Points of Interest
    * Share Points of Interest with other users, much like the
popular mainstream applications such as Google Maps and Freebase
    * Use the enhanced features of Sendero Maps for the PC to sync
all your data between the PC and your portable device.

Thanks to continued funding from
<http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/osers/nidrr/index.html>NIDRR,
we have been able to refine and develop Sendero GPS and maps products
so that they provide a wide range of features available on multiple
platforms.  See <http://www.wayfinding.org>www.wayfinding.org for
more details on our NIDRR funded projects.

Existing Sendero GPS customers can learn all the details about new
features by going to:
<http://senderogroup.com/products/GPS/v2012changes.htm>http://senderogroup.com/products/GPS/v2012changes.htm

Sense Navigation customers can go to:

<http://senderogroup.com/support/SenseNav/Sense%20Navigation%20Changes.htm>http://senderogroup.com/support/SenseNav/Sense%20Navigation%20Changes.htm

For those of you who already have a current SMA on your product, your
upgrade is eagerly awaiting you at
<http://www.gosendero.com/>http://www.GoSendero.com.

For those who would like to try v2012 before you buy, download the
<http://senderogroup.com/products/GPS/testdrive.asp>Trial Version for
your BrailleNote. You will have access to all countries we currently
support for the 30 days, after which you can purchase a full version,
opt for the Pay-As-You-Go payment plan, or uninstall the 30 day trial
version and re-install your old version of Sendero GPS. To purchase,
call Sendero toll free, 1-888-757-6810