[nabs-l] Convention: GRE discussion, 8 a.m. Tues.

Loew, Ruth rloew at ETS.ORG
Mon Jul 2 03:43:10 UTC 2012

Hi - For those of you who are at Convention -

As I mentioned at the NABS meeting tonight, for any students with questions or suggestions about the GRE General Test (accommodations, request and approval process, accessible practice materials, etc.): Let's meet over breakfast at 8 a.m. Tues. in the Atrium I lobby, at the tables in the carpeted area outside the Stemmons Ballroom.  There's an express service line there outside the Terrace Café.  See you then!  If you'd like to speak w/ me but can't make it Tues. a.m., feel free to contact me: Ruth Loew, rloew at ets.org<mailto:rloew at ets.org>.  I'll be at Convention all week; my cell phone # is 609-619-1854.  I'll be happy to meet with you some other time during the week if that works better.

Also, for the math-to-speech research project I mentioned (improving the way MathPlayer speaks MathML): The ETS research team working on this project is looking for high-school or middle-school students who have taken Algebra I or higher to participate in feedback-gathering studies during the coming year.  If you're eligible and interested, or if you know of students who might be eligible, please call or email me.  And one more request from the research team: Any suggestions for SAPI-5-compatible voices that are currently available?  (Eloquence is NOT currently available, or at least not for research purposes.)

Thanks, and see some of you Tues.!

Ruth C. Loew, Ph.D.
Assistant Director
Office of Disability Policy, ETS