[nabs-l] Sex Education Curriculum

Desiree Oudinot turtlepower17 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 23:46:40 UTC 2012

Ok, now I can understand where you're coming from. But the kind of
thing you speak of where blind people just grab on someone's boobs
sounds like perhaps they have another disability as well. That's a
whole other can of worms. But I still stand by what I said that a
separate curriculum doesn't need to be made just for the blind. What I
do believe, however, is that perhaps in summer workshops about job
searching and resume building and things like that, these topics
should be discussed. Social norms and sexual expression are important
topics, and maybe if everyone in the room was blind, it would make it
more beneficial. Maybe the class could even be taught by a blind
psychologist or social worker, if one is available, for some
first-hand experience and knowledge.