[nabs-l] Writing Experience

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 05:27:41 UTC 2012

Hi deb,
Lots of first year grad students feel that way.  Graduate work in any field is a whole new level and each field has elements of writing that are more important etc.  Both of the schools I attended for graduate level work offered seminars and writing workshops for people who needed to hone their writing skills.  many universities have a writing center to help students.  Don't hesitate to take advantage of these resources.

If its a matter of improving your writing to get into a graduate program, you could ask other skilled writers to look at your work, like you have done so on this list already.

Btw, I would not mind looking over your essay, I just neglected to respond earlier.

Hope this helps,
Greg