[nabs-l] Sex Education Curriculum

SA Mobile loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Fri Jul 13 08:57:01 UTC 2012

Brandon, that's enough!  Please! I'm no prude, but some discussions are best had off forum. And for goodness sake, most blind folks do fine with appropriately presented information such as a model or tactile graphic. Sex ed is presented to sighted students in a much less graphic manner than you imagine; and it's not practical or appropriate to our culture to present live models in class for anyone. And frankly, it's worth repeating that sighted people vary in their knowledge as we do, so I think it unwise to presume naievte on our part on account of blindness. Ashley, Planned Parenthood, your school's LGBT group, the internet, NLS/BookShare, and your local college's sexual awareness center are all great places to learn about sex including contraception if your knowledge seems insufficient. I don't mind discussion about mature relationships as long as it doesn't become inappropriate, and our discussion has overstepped what most would consider appropriate for a public forum.

Respectfully,
Jedi

Sent from my iPhone