[nabs-l] The new Perkins Mini, 16-cell device

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sat Jul 14 18:20:57 UTC 2012

%There isn't enough info here to answer your question.  It depends on
what you want to do with it.  It seems that many people who are
buying these little displays are using them to work with an iPhone or
similar device, so they want something small and portable, and are
probably reading more short things.

If you want one to read long passages of Braille, then a short
display may or may not work for you.  Some people like a shorter
display, 12, 14, 16, 18 or 20 cells, while others prefer a 40 or 80
cell display.

Or if you want the note taking features, you should realize they are
fairly basic -- this is not a Braille Sense or Braille Note replacement.

Dave