[nabs-l] LWSB Little Rock Employment Training Programs

Anmol Bhatia anmolpbhatia at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 16 21:49:21 UTC 2012

Ian,
I have never attended LWSB as a trainny, but I used to go there on to stay during weekends in the 1990s. The only thing I can say is that LWSB has made alot of changes last couple of years and I would think about visiting there before deciding one way or the other. They do have an option to live off campus and as far as I am aware that there is not a sign in and sign out policy  after class time. Now they may have sign in and sign out policy during class time to keep count of attendance, however, this is know different signing in and signing out of work which everyone blind and sighted has to do.
The IRS program is one of the best programs there and frankly since you have to be excepted for a job at one of the IRS offices, it is a guarantied employment after completing the program and they start at 45,000 or more. The food was not the greatest, however, as I said above LWSB now known as World Services for the Blind has made alot of changes under the new director and frankly I can not tell you how the food is now. As I said earlier, I would make a visit there before making any kind of decision.

Anmol
I seldom think about my limitations, and they never make me sad. Perhaps there is just a touch of yearning at times; but it is vague, like a breeze among flowers.
Hellen Keller