[nabs-l] Blindness Research Study

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 22:57:11 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I apologize that you will be getting this a second time from Dave
Andrews later, but I wanted to get it out to you guys as soon as I
could. I hope many of you will contribute to my research.

Dear list,
My name is Arielle Silverman, and I am a doctoral student in
psychology at the University of Colorado at Boulder. I am conducting
an online study investigating the factors that relate to educational
and employment success for blind and visually impaired people,
including your feelings about your life overall, your experiences
interacting with the sighted public, and what blindness-related skills
you use. I am looking for legally blind adults over the age of 18 who
live in the United States to participate in my study.
This study consists of an online survey, which should take you about
half an hour to complete. In exchange for your participation, you will
have the opportunity to enter a raffle drawing for a $100 gift
certificate to Amazon.com. All of your responses will be anonymous and
confidential.
To begin the study, please go to:
www.surveymonkey.com/s/blindstudy1
If you would prefer to fill out the survey by phone, you can call me at
602-502-2255
Between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Mountain time.
If you have any questions before, during or after the study, feel free
to contact me at
602-502-2255
Or by email at
Arielle.silverman at colorado.edu
You may also contact my advisor, Dr. Geoffrey Cohen, at
Cohen.geoff at gmail.com

Thank you in advance for your participation in our research.

Warmest regards,
Arielle Silverman, M.A.
Social Psychology doctoral student
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience
University of Colorado at Boulder
345 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309-0345
Phone: 602-502-2255