[nabs-l] Freshman year

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Wed Jul 18 01:14:55 UTC 2012

Evening, Katie,

Remember that most folks don't actually get to see blind people
functioning in person. By demonstrating what we are and yes, are not
capable of is a great means of educating. Thus, I believe it pretty
counterproductive to get up tight about being stared at. As much as
people wrap about blindness being an "inconvenience" a truth is
that,, blindness remains an enigma to most and you could be educating
the unsuspecting sighted person  by means of not objecting to a
little staring wich, I remind is not at all intrusive. What do people
think of this?