[nabs-l] NFB Philosophy

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 08:57:49 UTC 2012

I'm not sure if that's what the die-hard NFBers believe, but I know being a
part of NABS and being the future of NFB what Shaun said is what I believe.
I hardly ever think of my blindness, let alone do I think I'm disabled. It
makes me feel funny realizing, oh, uh... Hey I'm disabled... er...
I'm a firm believer in education, education, education. I'm a student, so
I'm probably a little biased, but I just think we all need to get out into
the public eye more and educate people in what we can do. It's my belief
that if we do what we love to do with the passion and belief in our selves,
it will infuse those around us with the idea that blindness is no different
than being short or tall.
In my opinion that's why we should stop subminimum wage. Well frankly, I'd
like to make a law for sheltered shops to be run by teachers and those who
can inspire, because at the moment I've been told that many people in those
sheltered shops don't think there is anything more they can do.
In my book, there is no larger crime than depriving someone of their dreams
and the second biggest crime is taking away the chance for people to reach
for those dreams.
For while there are dreams, there is hope. With hope life always has enough
energy to turn the corner and keep going.
The NFB to me is that hope and the rock and refuge that is always there for
me if I need it.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs