[nabs-l] Messages

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Jul 18 10:19:45 UTC 2012

Hi List Members:

Our lists are here, of course, to use, and you guys are certainly
doing that.  On Tuesday, the list had nearly 150 messages posted to
it in the 24 hour period of that day.

Most of the messages were useful and contributed to the conversations
in progress -- but not all did.  Also, the tone in some of the
messages was not as civil as it could have been.

Please think before posting.  You don't have to feel compelled to
respond to each and every message.  Over 25 percent of the messages
yesterday were from one person.  If your message essentially says I
agree, or some other limited sentiment, then it probably isn't
necessary to post it.

I bring this up because if the message volume on a list gets to high,
people start leaving and the whole thing is self defeating.

You guys generally get along, and certainly help and support each
other.  That is a great thing and part of why we are here.  However,
please only post things that contribute to the conversation.

Thanks!

David Andrews, List Owner

p.s.  And ... you don't need to post saying you agree with me, good
message etc., that is what I am talking about!