[nabs-l] Education of the general public was Re: Freshman year

Brandon Keith Biggs brandonkeithbiggs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 17:52:38 UTC 2012

Hello,
A fishing pole gets thinner closer to the end you get. So does an NFB cane.
I find myself not resenting the opportunity to educate, but resenting the
stupidity  of some of the questions. I do realize that blindness is the most
feared disability, but why would someone doubt my ability to get around?
"You play baseball, so I don't think you can eat salad, because your hand
can't close around the fork."
I get it that the baseball player holds a bat and or a ball all day, but
what does that have with holding a fork?
Same with blindness... I get that you see a little better than me, but what
does that have to do with me being able to get around?
*Shrug* I'm still trying to come to terms with ignorance.
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs