[nabs-l] meeting results andwhattodotogetaworkingcomputerforcollege

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 02:14:25 UTC 2012

Desiree, I think I'll email you off list about the whole
situation.  it's complicated, and parents need to not do that to
their blind kids to keep them from going out in to the world.  I
had to break that hold and move to Denver, but it's like Harriett
Ann Jacobs and slavery.  Slavery for her was a bad idea, and she
left it because she was being degraded by her master.  Ok, ok,
maybe this goes a bit far, but it took her flying, not literally
but figuratively, to Philadelphia and New York and staying there
in order to convince the master and mistress that she did not
want slavery.  Whfta had to happen was that some nice family
bought her freedom and advocated for the abolition of her
slavery.  In a way, the complicated situation sort of parallels
with a very degrading thing.  Before I go any further, I'll email
a few of you guys off list.  Thanks.
Beth