[nabs-l] Proactively sharing frustrations with rehab services

Wasif, Zunaira Zunaira.Wasif at dbs.fldoe.org
Mon Jul 23 13:40:02 UTC 2012

As a counselor, I just want you guys to know that most of the time a service is refused because of a supervisor or district administrator.  I explain this to all of my clients, but some counselors don't bother with it because they are worried about political pressures in the office.  Not all counselors are client centered which is very unfortunate.  I am extremely open to criticism because I've been a client myself, but a lot of these counselors don't know where your coming from.  I certainly don't get offended by this type of conversation.  In fact, you guys need to advocate for yourselves as much as possible in order to create change with in these agencies.