[nabs-l] TVI Training

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Wed Jul 25 22:48:28 UTC 2012

Hello Gloria,
There are two places where you can find information on teachers of the blind
in the NFB. One is the listserv for blind educators. Its title is, The
National Organization Of Blind Educators.
The majority of the people who subscribe are blind, and do not all
necessarily teach blind children. Some are blind teachers in who teach
sighted children in preschools and elementary schools. Others teach sighted
students in middle and high schools. Still other teach blind children, or
work in adult rehabilitation centres where they teach blind adults.

The other listserv is the Professionals In Blindness Education division.
Many of those who subscribe to this listserv are teachers of the blind,
though not all. This is because it is open to all professionals who work in
the field of blindness education. Furthermore, this division is not
specifically for professionals who are blind, so not all list members are
blind. Indeed,  there are numerous sighted teachers of the blind.

You can also find The Professionals In Blindness Education on the website
where you sign up for these lists.
www.nfbnet.org
I hope this has been helpful.
Regards,