[nabs-l] Question About Studying For Math Placement Test

Misty Dawn Bradley mistydbradley at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 07:39:51 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I am starting classes on August 20 at my local community college, and I was told that I need to take the Compass placement tests in reading, writing, and math. I could do well in the reading and writing, but I need to study more for the math portion in the area of Algebra, as this is not my strongest area, and it has been a while since I have done Algebra.
Does anyone on this list know where I can get something that is accessible, such as a website or book, so that I can study for the math part of the test? A lot of the sites I have found are using graphics for the math problems and explanations rather than using text that is readable by JAWS.
I am hoping to pass this test so I can avoid taking extra developmental courses, so any help would be appreciated. Also, have any of you taken this test before, and how advanced does the math portion get?
Thank you in advance,

Misty