[nabs-l] Question About Studying For Math Placement Test

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 18:23:33 UTC 2012

I also took the Compass tests. I hadn't taken any algebra for nearly a
decade (I'm a nontraditional student at 27), but I managed to test out
of the developmental classes without much problem. The hardest algebra
it got to was F(G(x)) where F was one thing and G another. Like G(x) =
24, and F(x)=2x+3...something like that. It did have logarithms and
sin and cosin, which I didn't know, but I passed anyway. Don't worry
too much about it; it's not the end of the world if you have to take a
developmental class...I took one voluntarily to refresh my memory, and
it was a good class.
Good luck,
Jewel