[nabs-l] entitlement vs eligibility was: Re: Question About Studying For Math Placement Test

Hope Paulos hope.paulos at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 22:42:14 UTC 2012

Good analogy, Brandon!!

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf
Of Brandon Keith Biggs
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2012 6:39 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] entitlement vs eligibility was: Re: Question About
Studying For Math Placement Test

Hello,
Yes kind of. I think of my disability center as a big checkbook and I just
tell them where to spend their money.
I gave them the name of a transcriber, I told them with justification why I
needed double time, I gave them names of people who would be willing to be
my aid, I let them know different problems they may need to stand behind me
in, I've told them methods of taking tests that have worked in the past, I
gave them everything but the money and the authority. They are like a shield
and sword in college. The disability department is just a tool, not the
solution. You need to lift the shield for it to do any good...
Thanks,

Brandon Keith Biggs